Friday, April 6, 2012

i just might


I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.” 
- Leo, The Vow

My favourite favourite quote out of the many beautiful lines from the movie. Been awhile since I wanted to watch a movie so bad; I think my last was One Day but even so, it wasn't to the extent that I placed it on my 'must-watch' list like more than a month before its premiere, mistook the US release date for Sg's and got tix for the first day of its release LOLLL. #suckerforromantics i know but i guess it's the case for most girls?! Anyway. Watched it with the girls and I swear almost every scene of Leo and Paige after she lost her memory made me teared wtf. It's just heartbreaking to see two (very good-looking) people who were once so madly in love, becoming strangers and looking at one another knowing there should be so much more. And I guess the fact that it was inspired by real events makes the audience even more empathetic towards the couple = cry more only. Tear-jerking moments aside, the movie was enjoyable (esp the awww-scenes of Leo and Paige) but I wished there was more focus on the couple and their struggles, rather than the one-sided search for identity on the actress's part (like, I don't really want to see her reconnecting with her family, I'm more concerned if she's able to reconnect with him LOL). And if you're a sucker too, you'd find the ending abrupt and imperfect. Then again, because you're a sucker to begin with, this movie is still a must-watch. #wthamisaying
*****

Visited Real Food Cafe with a friend on Wed. Loved the vegan/organic/healthy-eating concept; it would be  nice if sg had more of such food places to cater to the younger group of vegans/health-conscious peeps. I remember trying to search for nice vegetarian cafes once and found very limited choices. Or maybe it's just me :/

All health-related books.

Probably my fav part of the cafe (go on, roll your eyes, I'm shallow like that lol)

'Listen To Your Heart' Tea and Strawberry+Cheesecake Pie

Gotta admit I ordered the tea because of its name; they have a wide range of tea and they all have names that contained the name of a body part that the tea is supposedly beneficial for, e.g. Heal Your Stomach (or sth like that, I forgot). I decided that 'Listen To Your Heart' sounded the nicest (suckerrr) so I ordered that LOLOLLLL. But thankfully, it tasted good :D I like! The pie was a bit too sour for us though.

Organic Potato Wedges; healthier alternative to the usual fried ones

All in all, a pretty good chill out place albeit a bit pricey, considering we only had sides and drinks (I kinda regretted not trying out their main courses and staying for awhile longer though). But I guess it's alright for a once-in-awhile thing. Besides, I enjoyed myself :) Thanks to you, my friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment