Monday, June 4, 2012

hello binbin 


Sunday was well-spent with one of my favourite girls at The Garden Slug (a cafe I've always wanted to visit since i saw it on ladyironchef), followed by shopping at City Plaza. And by shopping, I meant fruitful window shopping because I managed to get a high-low skirt to 'experiment' at only 9 bucks. Fyi, those at Bugis Street are mostly $12 - $15. Say it with me: 'Gla is thrift princess cheapo' ;DDDDD 


Peach soda which really amazed the suakus out of us because it came with the fruit in it! I usually have sodas when I eat at restaurants (i like drinks that look clear and refreshing hehe) but none of them really made an impression like this one. I mean, what do you expect from a clear drink besides it being, um, clear? I'm telling you now, you can expect real fruits in it lol.


Pasta and Shrimps in Pumpkin Sauce, or something along that line. Not liking the zucchinis in it but everything else tasted pretty good. 


Pulled Pork suggested by the foodie! I'm not a very pork person and not at all a tomato person but the gravy made both very delectable. And extra love for this because it's served with mashed potatoes, which I couldn't stop eating! The first few mouths ended with both of us continuously nodding our heads and saying things like "好吃.. 很嫩.. 它的sauce很好吃.. 它的potato很好吃.. 它的肉很好吃..LOLLLL". A must-try (Y)

one satisfied customer :)

I'd be quite pissed if the cafe turned out to be average considering the distance we had to travel (you could take a bus from Eunos MRT but we chose to walk zzz) under the crazy heat but apparently I wasn't disappointed. Place is quite homely and simply decorated with quirky stuffs (like, they collect the bill with this 'keep calm and carry on' tray which i feel like bringing home). The food is great value for money imo (bout $15 for pasta and $19.90 for the pulled pork) cos they come in such filling portions and most importantly, tastesgood. What's more, Paya Lebar is just a stop away so you could eat to your fill and walk (shop) the calories away at City Plaza haha. 

And how I wish every day was just about discovering awesome food hunts and cheap clothes in the company of friends whom you can talk about anything with, including how to identify a handsome llama. Yes, llama. LMAO

No comments:

Post a Comment