Wednesday, July 18, 2012

birthday lunches farewell brunches

Overdue pictures from last weekend because I've been too busy and tired out from my coolie event job since Monday. Finally got around to celebrate Cab's and Binbin's 21st after what seemed like 3 months. Better late than never I guess? ;) We settled for a good, albeit late, lunch at Fika cafe (Millenia Walk) after I led them in circles around the shopping mall only to find the restaurant we intended to check out, closed. Believe me when I say I have seeeerious problems with directions and/or time.


2nd time I'm having their chicken chop so it doesn't excite me that much but still love the potatoes though lololll


Salmon & potato salad that probably looks better than it tastes

Twelve cupcakes (Y)

Happy 21st B'day lovelies! Hope you like your 'goodie bags' :)

:)

I feel like the four of us don't really hang out as often as we should but I'm glad that every time we do, I still wish that time would pass a lil slower (even if we're just at mac's alfresco lol). Let's continue to have such gatherings when we're all 30/40/50 like the chic jap housewives we saw at Fika hehe! :D p.s: I'm sure that's possible because thou wilt NOT become a fat nun.

*****

Had what I call a farewell brunch at Open Door Policy (yes i chose it because of the name #sucker) with the bestie on Saturday. Not like it's the first time he's going away but probably the longest and the thought of one less cafe kaki-cum-listening ear (esp when school starts) for a year is just, mehhhhh. :/ 




Scrambled Eggs and Steamed Asparagus on Brioche, or sth along that line (name's too long, I can't rmb). Not kidding but at first look, I thought I was served grass (how apt for my bleeding bank account) on a chopping board LOLLL. The raw veg was overwhelming, both in taste and appearance, and I didn't really enjoyed it. Otherwise, the rest (eggs, brioche and asparagus) was pretty good although I'll have to say the huge portion made everything very 'gelat'. 

Really appetizing fish and potatoes dish that the bestie ordered; smelled and tasted awesome imo though he found it a bit too salty.

Love the decor and layout though. We were seated at this area where they had glass ceilings to simulate outdoor dining and yet not subject diners to the heat outside. Besides, it was raining when we visited and  i guess watching the rain from inside only makes one feel cosy/safe/like you're in an mv LOL. 

And to the bestie if you're reading this, Happy B'day :) hope you're having a blast in aussie now and till our next cafe visit, i'm gonna miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment