Monday, August 13, 2012

long gone but still here


I'm glad she did an acoustic version of the song because the original was just so...thrashy. Everything about the mv is so beautiful (i will marry whoever plays me a piece on a piano decorated with fairy lights #justsaying), and I'm putting it on repeat to convince myself that I'm still living in that moment in time where the nights are always young and it's never too late to get out of bed. Where I had all the time in the world (at least it felt like it) to enjoy lazy brunches and dig through piles of cheap clothes after that lol. SOMEONE TELL ME SCHOOL ISN'T STARTING TOMORROW.

No I don't really hate school/what I'm studying and in fact, I like soci. But perhaps not enough to make me willingly choose my readings over a meal (believe me, some peeps in school would) with the fatties without feeling like I've made a huge sacrifice. I'm really going to miss being able to have meals with them as and when I want to (lol I made it sound as if they're on the other side of the world), and all the other perks that come with having complete control over one's time and life :/

Things are bound to be different with all that people who had left and the (hopefully good) few more that this semester will soon bring. I don't know what to expect; I only know that there's a limit to the number of horrible project mates my heart/blood vessels can take lol. Then again, since when did things consistently stayed the way we prayed for them to be? Even the people closest to us change, for better or worse.

And you. It seems like you've changed for the better and found where you want to be. I wish I could say the same for myself but I still miss days out when all we could care about was being able to catch the last movie, rather than the last bus/train. I miss having someone to turn to on a bad day, or when I had a good one to share. I miss you as a friend, maybe a bit more. And I hate this whole missing thing as much as the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow. _|_ I'm sorry if this is puke/goosebumps-inducing to anyone who's reading, nightttt.

3 comments:

  1. i find ur last para more towards sweet and filled with love, rather than puke worthy.

    "catching the last movie, rather than the last bus/train" this line touched me.

    See you around Gladys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wenjie! Your comment, and the fact that you still read this space, touches me more! Thanks, and yea, I'll see you around in school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha yay finally bumped into you today!! haha it's an honour to be able to read your blog (:

    ReplyDelete