Sunday, February 17, 2013

ohaiiii




A change of scenery for the very few who still come by this space so that y'all need not see my friend rolling back and forth anymore lol. Been a good three months and I seriously cannot recall wth I've been doing when I could've done a 'goodbye 2012'/'hello 2013' post or sth. Blame it on procrastinator Gla because she ALWAYS wins. Like now. Week 5 of school already and I'm she's only halfway through an assignment 1 which is supposed to be due in Week 3. I truly thank god for kind lecturers who would first suspect themselves of losing a script rather than the student for late submission when the paper count didn't tally. Not like I'm trying to take advantage of that though. Okaes, maybe a little, else I wouldn't be blogging now right?

In an attempt to justify my procrastination, I really haven't been slacking. At least that's what I would like to think. 2013 (in fact the end of 2012) started off with the Tourism & Hospitality Mgt Case Challenge I took part with the girls, and it proved to be a good one with us emerging the winner as you can see from above :D (yaya my face is covered :/ but i liked the effect enough to sacrifice my face lol) Though it has been quite awhile, talking about it now brings back memories and I suddenly have so much to say I can't organize my thoughts, but it generally reads; I'M SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF US! *vomits rainbow* I don't really participate in competitions, let alone winning them, so this is really something lol. But that aside, winning this means so much to me (and i believe us) as a former NP tourism student. That feeling of being able to uphold the course's standards and knowing that you haven't studied in vain is really pretty awesome; I am even more certain that I made the right choice (of choosing my course based on the attractiveness of the booth at the open house lol) back then because something good can and will come out of it. Something like us winning this challenge, and perhaps something greater in future :) Working together with the girls for THMCC also brought back the chemistry, frequency and the 'are you thinking what i'm thinking' moments we shared in poly days that are hard to find in uni now. Only this time we're working towards something more than nods of approval from our lecturers. We needed the cash prize (not even trying to deny) cos it's definitely gonna help in one way or another, and it's gratifying to see everyone giving their all towards a common goal and finally being able to say 'We did it!' together. Thank you girls (including binbin for our team name hehe), it hadn't exactly been a glamorous  (I mean who the hell lugs a luggage containing a printer and sacrifice sleep during a complimentary hotel stay?!) and smooth-sailing process but I guess these are the little things that make the experience a more memorable one. Here's to another great year ahead with y'all xoxo! 

And seriously, time is flying too darn fast. One sem more for me if I were to graduate without Honours. Hopefully i get to stay a lil longer though, i feel like i've only just started to like uni life and it's going to end #youkiddingme A large part of this is due to the people who came (and left?) - i talked about this a lot here i know. So glad I finally found my place in this hugeass web of complicated/sometimes superficial relationships and staircases @.@ It's not some high-profile, 20-man clique you feel the wind in your hair when you walk towards the deck tgt (LOLOLLL) but anytime I'd choose to have these 4 looneys greet me with an insult whenever we meet. Okaes, maybe not lol but you know what i mean :) Sometimes, a particular brand or place still brings a face to mind and just Friday, I wished I was still able to tell you about this weird person I saw on the street. But these don't happen that often now and even when they do, I don't find myself wallowing in self-pity #whatsnew that much anymore #nowthisisnew. I guess school/work/tuition/people etc etc has kept me well-occupied and what's not meant to be will never be. And no, I will not put 'Someone like you' on repeat while i cry my heart out because really, I do not want to find someone like you because that would mean another who starts packing up because I must've sucked in one way or another. Nevertheless, for you and for me, I hope the next person (or miracle, in my case) who comes along would be the real deal who'd stay for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment